How often do you find yourself having that perfect piece of clothing but lacking the undergarments for it? We are victims to this a number of times and it took us few outfit setbacks before we did something about it.
Back to Basics
You can’t imagine the frustration every time we are getting dressed and not having a plain white tank top to go with the outfit. Seeing how full our closets are but missing something so basic was a real disappointment.
So we came up with a list of wardrobe must-haves that every girl should invest on.
1. Shoes : a. Ballerina flats in black and neutral colors; and b. Classic high heels in black and neutral colors
2. Handbags – Clutch, tote and shoulder bags. These three types of bags are the most versatile ones.
3. Chemise – This undergarment is often left out. There are various use of chemise – as a top, for layers of clothing, under a sheer top or dress, over a bikini, etc.
4. Plain White Tees – Get these also in neutral colors.
5. Cardigans / Blazers – (in neutral or earth tone colors) You can easily spice up a boring outfit with a cardigan or a blazer.
6. Cashmeres / Sweaters (in neutral or earth tone colors) - Your go-to item during cold season.
7. Good Jeans – don’t forget your ol’ trusty jeans
8. The “Little Black Dress” – LBDs can be used in countless ways and for all occasions.
9. Accessories Must-Haves : a. Pearls – earrings, necklace, bracelet; b. Socks -satin and cotton; c. Belts - A wide selection of belts in different sizes and colors is a good keep. Belts can also be used to shape up cardigans and oversized tops.
Note: Black, neutral and earth tone colors are the easiest to match up with other color hues. It is a good idea to get your basic wardrobe essentials in these colors so that they can be used in any of your outfit ideas.
The moment we got all the boxes checked, we definitely had fewer things to worry about the next time we dressed up, and we’re sure you will too!
Got some more extra? Here are some things you might want to add:
tights, cocktail rings, sunglasses, and drop earrings
TIP: Remember to keep your wardrobe essentials of good quality! Considering the quality of an item first before its price when buying will save you from unnecessary hassle and spending.
(Photo collages by Polyvore)